Health and Safety
The construction industry, and in particular scaffolding is a high risk business. Blencowe Scaffolding Limited puts health and safety at the heart of our operations – we would not wish to make a profit by compromising the health and safety of our workers or of other contractors using our scaffolding structures. Our aim is to provide the safest possible working environment for a potentially high risk trade.
Blencowe Scaffolding is committed to maintaining the highest standards of safety management:
- Blencowe Scaffolding Limited employs a Health and Safety Manager who ensures that all scaffolders and staff are appropriately trained and equipped to carry out their work.
- Managers deliver monthly Tool Box Talks to our teams of scaffolders. This takes place in our purpose-built training room at our depot in Salisbury, and a similar capability is being developed in Basingstoke.
- Full Method Statements and Risk Assessments are developed for each project and agreed with the client before work commences on site.
- Our Supervisors regularly attend sites to conduct safety inspections of scaffold structures and to ensure that our scaffold operatives are complying with our Safe Systems of Work and operating procedures.
- Our Health & Safety Manager periodically attends sites to provide assurance to the board of directors that scaffold structures are safe and compliant and that our scaffold operatives are complying with our Safe Systems of Work and operating procedures.
- All of our management staff and site operatives have received an appropriate level of training to ensure a high quality of service is delivered to all our customers.